What is this workshop about?
Geographic Information System (GIS) technology has predominantly changed how our world is analyzed and modeled. Be it small businesses, multinational companies, agriculture-based companies, educational institutions, or maps guiding a lost individual- GIS finds application in many areas. The rapid growth rate of data poses the huge challenge to its interpretation. GIS provides an easy and more efficient way to interpret geospatial data – to create a topographic map with elevation, angles and other features. This workshop exposes the participants to the concepts and applications of GIS in use for multiple disciplines. Participants will learn to create, edit, visualize, and analyze geospatial information and apply this learning to work on a vast range of projects where GIS technology is used.
- Learn to create, use and share maps of different projections
- Learn the process for presenting spatial information
- Exposure to different types of GIS projects carried out in present day industry
- Discussion about implementing the knowledge gained to develop B.Tech/M.Tech Projects
- Lecture Session - 4 hrs
- Practical Session (hands-on session on industry grade software) - 11.5 hrs
- Certificate Distribution Session - 0.5 hr
- Lecture Session
- Geographic Information System (G.I.S)
- Various applications
- Data sources
- GIS Data Models
- Data Acquisition
- Coordinate System and Map Projections
- Brief Introduction to GPS and Remote sensing
- Practical Session
- Making a Topographic map
- Working with Attributes
- Geo-referencing aerial imagery and scanned maps
- Affine transformation
- Performing Spatial query
- Raster Styling and Analysis
- Case studies on industrial projects
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews
- All Civil Simplified certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Civil Engineering aspirants
- Students willing to pursue higher studies in Civil Engineering
The way the sessions are carried out, i.e. not only are they interactive, but brainstorming too. It enhances the ability to think out of the box and to
come up with innovative ideas. Now I'm confident enough to take up any project in GIS.
- Sumana Sahoo. Pune
Why Civil Simplified?
- Civil Simplified is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Civil Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
Read FAQs here
. These FAQs can answer your queries quickly.
If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us:
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college
Can't attend at Sonipat?
Other Popular Civil Engineering Workshops..