What is this workshop about?
The design of tall buildings essentially involves conceptual design, approximate analysis, preliminary design and optimization to safely carry different loads acting on structure. The structural design for a skyscraper must ensure that the building is able to stand up safely, able to function without excessive deflections or movements which may cause fatigue of structural elements, cracking or failure of fixtures, fittings or partitions, or discomfort for occupants. Tall Building Design Workshop primarily aims at educating the participants about analysis and design of tall buildings.
Students will be introduced to Structural building engineering and associated software used in tall building design. With the help of various case studies, the participants would be made to understand and develop the skills required for designing tall buildings in the real world. Participants will learn to evaluate different problem statements given to them and so increase proficiency in key civil engineering concepts.
- The program is designed to take the participants through the technical concepts involved in Structural engineering
- Analyze and design a building using an industry grade software
- Understand the effect of wind load on high rise building
- Case studies on lateral load resisting structural system
- Discussion about implementing the knowledge gained to develop B.Tech/M.Tech Project
- Lecture Session - 4 hrs
- Practical Session (hands-on session on industry grade software) - 11.5 hrs
- Certificate Distribution Session - 0.5 hr
- Lecture Session
- High Rise building
- Structural systems
- Load resisting systems
- Codes requirements conforming to Indian Standard
- Load Calculation ( Dead , Live , Wind )
- Practical Session
- Industrial approach to projects
- Modelling of a structure: An overview
- Setting up different load cases
- Design of concrete frames
- Design of Steel frame elements
- Modelling and design of shear walls
- Case studies on industrial projects
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Civil Simplified certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication.
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Civil Engineering aspirants
- Students willing to pursue a career in Structural building engineering
Read FAQs here
. These FAQs can answer your queries quickly.
If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us:
18001237177 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
Kushi PG - +91-9663321336, +91-9741000001- (Only for girls);
Sri Sai Aamani PG - +91-8880660166- (Separate blocks for girls and boys);
Annapurna PG - +91-9632505245, +91-9036640999 - (Only for girls);
Vijay Sai Datta PG - +91-8066379628- (Only for boys);
Madhuri PG - +91-8050077225, +91-9916661155- (Separate blocks for girls and boys);
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college