What is this workshop about?
Structural engineering deals with the analysis and design of structures. It helps engineers to understand the behavior of a structure when subjected to varied loads and design an efficient structure accordingly.
The design of tall buildings essentially involves conceptual design, approximate analysis, preliminary design and optimization to safely carry different loads acting on the structure. The structural design for a skyscraper must ensure that the building is able to stand up safely, able to function without excessive deflections or movements which may cause fatigue of structural elements, cracking or failure of fixtures, fittings or partitions, or discomfort for occupants.
As part of this training program, you will also learn about Construction Project Management (CPM) which exposes you to the concepts & methodologies behind scheduling, planning, monitoring, controlling a construction project. Apart from knowing the theoretical concepts, you will also learn to manage a construction project by working on an industrial grade software.
Construction industry is one of the largest industries in the world, and one that has the highest stakes. Construction project management is the art of undertaking a construction project to meet its cost, time and quality deadlines in a sustainable way.
In short, with this training program you will be able to design a tall structure and understand different stages of a construction project management.
- Analyze and design a building using an industry grade software
- Understand the effect of wind load on high rise building
- Learn what project management is and the qualities of an effective project manager
- Understand different phases of a construction project
- Learn how to manage resources within the given budget and timeline
- This workshop will take you to the exciting concept behind the Structural analysis and different phases of planning
- Lecture Session - 3 Hrs
- Practical Session (Hands-on session on industry grade software) - 12.5 Hrs
- Certificate Distribution - 0.5 Hr
- Lecture Session
- Introduction to high rise building and skyscrapers
- Overview on various structural systems
- Load resisting systems
- Codes requirements conforming to Indian Standard
- Wind Analysis in Structure
- Introduction to Construction Project Management
- Project Life Cycle
- Planning and Scheduling
- Earned Value Management
- Practical Session (using Industry-grade software)
- Design of Tall Buildings- G+5
- Design of complex tall buildings G+7
- Wind Analysis – Explanation and Practical
- Introduction to Primavera- Changing calendar, Time units, currencies
- Critical Path Method
- Resource adding and Earned Value Management
- Project in Primavera
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews
- All Civil Simplified certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
This workshop is recommended for Civil Engineering students interested to practically learn about Building Analysis and Construction Project Management.
Why Civil Simplified?
- Civil Simplified is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Civil Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
We have complied a list of FAQs to help you find answers to your queries quickly. You can view them here
. If your query is not answered by our FAQs, please contact us with options below. We will get back to you as early as possible.
18002003855 (10AM - 8PM; Mon - Sat)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college