What is this workshop about?
Stay up to date on the latest building practices in designing for earthquakes. Seismic Design or Earthquake-resistant construction refers to designing structures which can withstand Earthquakes. The Seismic Design of Buildings workshop primarily aims at familiarizing the participants with design of buildings and structures subject to seismic loading. Students will gain knowledge about the characteristics of seismic forces and the types of structural responses when subjected to these forces.
Currently, there are several design philosophies in earthquake engineering, making use of experimental results, computer simulations and observations from past earthquakes to offer the required performance for the seismic threat at the site of interest. The major objective of the workshop is to practically train participants about the design and analysis software used in Civil Engineering industry for developing earthquake resistant structures using earthquake simulation techniques.
- The program is designed to take the participants through the technical concepts involved in Earthquake Engineering
- The participants would practically work on analyzing and designing a seismic resistant building using an industry grade software
- Various case studies and exposure to approach towards seismic resistant building design
- Discussion about implementing the knowledge gained to develop good B.Tech/M.Tech Project
- Lecture Session - 4 hrs
- Practical Session (hands-on session on industry grade software) - 11.5 hrs
- Certificate Distribution Session - 0.5 hr
- Lecture Session
- Earthquake Engineering
- Structural systems
- Principles of earthquake resistant design
- Earthquake load calculations using Seismic Coefficient method
- Case studies of previous earthquakes
- Practical Session
- Modelling of a structure
- Setting up different load cases
- Design of steel and concrete frame elements
- Modelling and design of shear walls
- Earthquake load pattern conforming to IS1893
- Story response plot against different loads
- Case studies on industrial projects
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Civil Simplified certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Earthquake Engineering aspirants
- Students willing to take up Civil Engineering projects in Earthquake engineering or Structural engineering and design
Why Civil Simplified?
- Civil Simplified is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Civil Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries.
1800-3000-1260 (24 Hrs)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college