What is this workshop about?
All engineered construction resting on the earth must be supported by some kind of interfacing element, called a foundation. It is evident that foundation is the very important part of a civil engineering project. The objective of the Foundation Analysis workshop is to teach students the appropriate approach towards soil foundation analysis used in construction projects.
Foundation Analysis involves concepts from both Structural engineering and Geo technical engineering. The workshop aims to provide working knowledge on the computational analysis methods, Geo technical characteristics of soil, variety of soil foundations necessary for different soil profiles, and all tools and techniques used for soil foundation engineering.
- Learning about various kinds of foundations
- Interpreting soil investigation data for design of soil foundation
- Case studies on existing foundation methods used in engineering construction
- Discussion about implementation of the knowledge gained to develop good Projects.
- Lecture Session - 4 hrs
- Practical Session (hands-on session on industry grade software) - 11.5 hrs
- Certificate Distribution Session - 0.5 hr
- Lecture Session
- Foundation Engineering
- Shallow Foundation
- Pile Foundation
- Overview of Caisson Foundation and Machine Foundation
- Suitable foundation system for the structure
- Different modes of Footing Failures
- Design principles of Footing conforming to Indian Standards
- Practical Session
- Industrial approach to projects
- Setting up different load cases
- Analysis and design of Isolated Footing
- Analysis and design of Combined Footing
- Analysis and design of Mat /Raft Footing
- Analysis and design of Flat Footing
- Reinforcement detailing of footing and slab
- Case studies on industrial projects
Participants have access to an exclusive online portal to:
- View status of registered and attended workshops
- View study material for workshops
- Write online exams and receive separate certificates with scores. These certificates with scores will provide students an opportunity to show their learning in job interviews.
- All Civil Simplified certificates have a unique ID which can be verified online for authentication
- Certificate of Completion
- Certificate of Completion with Distinction (for top performers)
- Structural engineering and Geotechnical engineering aspirants
- Students willing to pursue a career in Structural Engineering and Geo technical engineering
Why Civil Simplified?
- Civil Simplified is a division of Skyfi Labs that develops courses with a focus on Civil Engineering disciplines.
- Awards won by us:
- 2nd Best Business Venture Award, Ideas, IIT Kanpur
- 30 Most Promising Startups, Next Big Idea, IIM Bangalore
- Runner-up, UnLtd India Growth Challenge
- Limca book of records
- Associated with industry and partnership with organizations transforming engineering education
- Our courses are officially a part of IIT Delhi Syllabus and IIT Kanpur orientation programs
- Experience of training students across 27 states in India and Dubai (Presence)
- Improved performance of students in Campus Placements
- A venture by IIT Kanpur alumni and funded by The Chennai Angels and Spark Capital
Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries.
1800-3000-1260 (24 Hrs)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college