What is this workshop about?
The design of tall buildings essentially involves conceptual design, approximate analysis, preliminary design and optimization to safely carry different loads acting on structure. The structural design for a skyscraper must ensure that the building is able to stand up safely, able to function without excessive deflections or movements which may cause fatigue of structural elements, cracking or failure of fixtures, fittings or partitions, or discomfort for occupants. Tall Building Design Workshop primarily aims at educating the participants about analysis and design of tall buildings.
Students will be introduced to Structural building engineering and associated software used in tall building design. With the help of various case studies, the participants would be made to understand and develop the skills required for designing tall buildings in the real world. Participants will learn to evaluate different problem statements given to them and so increase proficiency in key civil engineering concepts.
- This workshop helps participants learn technical skills through hands-on learning activities.
- The program is designed to take the participants through the technical concepts involved in Civil Engineering especially Structural building engineering.
- The participants would practically work on analyzing and designing a tall building using the simulation software.
- With the help of various case studies, the participants will understand the implication of tall building design in real world.
- The participants would be exposed to the approach towards tall building design and the corresponding level of evaluation with increase in complexity of a structure.
- Group discussions to encourage innovation.
- Career guidance, Counselling and an opportunity to interact with IIT alumni.
- Interview tips to face interviews with confidence
Course Structure and Topics Covered
This workshop is split into 2 modules:
- Lecture: Participants would be taught various concepts and techniques involved in 'Design of Tall Buildings'.
- Practical session: This session would involve CAD based modeling and analysis of Tall Buildings.
- Introduction to tall building systems.
- Theory of load resisting systems.
- Industrial approach to projects.
- Case studies from real industry problems.
- Understanding and analysis of the different load acting on a structure.
- Modeling, Designing and analyzing the structure on software.
- Live Demonstration and practical examples
- Evaluation of different problem statements.
Online Portal and Exam:
Participants have access to an exclusive portal for rating their performance. This helps them to assess where they stand.
After successful completion of the workshop, students can evaluate what they learn by taking an online test with an additional fee.
Certification & Awards
- Certificate of Participation
- Certificate of Merit
Why Civil Simplified?
The Civil Simplified team functions with a motto of addressing the deficits in practical exposure in prevalent civil engineering studies. The team values the importance of civil engineering and hence makes sure that the students understand the right way for approaching complex civil problems.
Also, the instructors follow a student-centered model of education that encourages use of the learning gained for large-scale projects. They persistently work to ensure that the knowledge imparted to the students can be used across all applications possible.
- Civil Engineering aspirants
- Students willing to pursue a career in Structural building engineering
Please feel free to contact us in case of any queries.
Toll Free: 1800-3000-1260 (24 Hrs), 080-41120662(10AM to 8PM)
You can also request us to organize this workshop in your college